Thursday, September 30

RECAP:
My best friend in the whole world Mr. Happy Puppet Head found a magic violin that summons magic monster party genies. They do whatever he wants, and so they went on a cross-country road trip of mayhem and destruction. I've tracked them down to a giant cement complex in the middle of the Mojave desert where they have imprisoned all of North America's major celebrities, and are hoarding all the alchohol and recreational drugs. In trying to rescue him, I was tied with some magic monster rope. Three celebrities managed to escape with me and we are now sitting outside of the complex thinking of what to do now.

Okay.

It's morning in the desert.

"So..." I say to the one really handsome celebrity. "I really liked you in that one movie. The cop one with the ambiguous ending."

"Yeah?" he asks. "Thanks."

"Yeah. You're real good." I look at the other two. "I mean, you're real good, too." I tell the other guy, and even though I do recognize him, I don't think I've ever actually seen his work. "And you, too," I tell the pop singer. "I mean, I don't have any of your albums, but I think I've heard your songs on the radio. Or in restaurants or bathrooms or something."

They all nod politely. The singer girl is crushing some sort of root they found for food. We all eat some and it's awful.

We wait until night, spending the day in awkward conversation and munching on that root. I try to ask them what we should probably be doing, or if they have a plan, but nobody does. I don't know if I'll ever get free of this rope binding. And saving the day seems doubtful.

What I need to do is figure out all of our strengths and use them in the most clever way possible. The singer can sing so loud... handsome actor has those piercing blue eyes and suave way of talking to women... and the other guy... i bet he could... we'll figure him out later.

And I'm tied up and half-deaf from jazz. Okay. We can do this.






No comments: