Sunday, May 8



"What are you doing lying down like that?" she asks.

"I'm dying," he replies.

"Really? Or are you exagerating?"

"No..." he rolls around groaning for a moment, holding his stomach. "I'm pretty sure this is it."

"Does it hurt?"

"Kind of."

"Then how do you know you're dying?'

"It just... I mean, it hurts. Just not like I expected it to."

"Oh. Cool."

"Yeah, not really."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

She looks at her wrist and realizes she left her watch at home. "I'm sorry, but I got to get going. Do you need me to call an ambulance?"

"No, I think I'll be okay. I'd rather die without a big fuss and all the extra expense."

"Sure. Um. Bye." She walks away.

"Wait," he moans, but she's already gone. He wishes he'd asked her to say goodbye to his parents. He wishes he had done something with his life. He wishes he hadn't drank all those cleaning supplies.

His Spirit Guide magically appears next to him. "I totally had a chance with her, Guido. I think she could have been the one."

"No she wasn't," says Guido as he spreads out the body bag. "I saw her holding hands with some guy at the food court the other day. And she's a little old for you."

But he doesn't care what Guido says. She was probably the one.

No comments: