Sunday, February 20

"Which one did you say?" I ask Mr. Happy Puppet Head. He is in the Sci-Fi isle, and I'm looking at the Comedies.

"I don't care, just get anything," he yells, far too loud for the video store. He looks around to make sure no one is looking, knocks over half a row of videos, and bobbles over to me.

"I think I'll get this one with the famous guy in it. I think I liked him in something." I pick up a tape with the famous guy doing a funny pose holding a flower.

"No, get the one with the hot chick," Mr. Happy Puppet Head says. "I hear she gets naked."

"Okay."

Later we are watching the movie with the hot chick. It's most of the way through and it isn't very funny, and doesn't look like she's going to be getting all too naked.

"Hey Midnight," says Mr. Happy Puppet Head. "Go make us some popcorn."

As I walk into the kitchen, I feel a tingling. The tingling that you feel when you walk into a Slightly Different Dimension. An alternate version of myself is standing in the kitchen cooking up some quesadillas.

"Hey The Midnight Mailman," I say. "Those're a good idea. I think I'll do that instead of popcorn."

"Yeah," the other me says.

"...So, what's Slightly Different about this Dimension?" I ask.

"Oh," he flips the quesadilla up in the air using only the pan, and catches it with the plate. "We got the movie with the famous guy."

"Of course. How's it going?"

"It's really funny."

We both nod our heads. We knew it would be.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you later," I say.

"Sure," other me says.

In the Regular Dimension I make some quesadillas. I burn one and drop the other when I try my flip-trick. That Other Dimension Me is always so much more a badass.

No comments: