Monday, July 18

A Scene from the new Big Scary Monster Movie.

************************************

INT. BEDROOM – NIGHT

A little girl lies down in bed and rolls over to go to sleep.

CUT TO:

INT. BEDROOM – DAY

The girl waks up and is now a bird.

BIRD
Wow, I’m a bird now! Yay!

Bird flies all crazy all around the room, bumping into things, feathers going everywhere. The Bird’s HUMAN MOTHER walks into the room.

MOTHER
Hey! You bird, get out of here!
Don’t you peck my walls! Out!

She shushes the bird out the window.

EXT. SKY – DAY

The little bird flies through the trees and the clouds and the pretty blue sky.

BIRD
Yay! I can fly! This is so much fun! Wow!

FADE TO:

EXT. SKY – LATER – DAY

The little bird still flies all fun and free, but she is really tired.

BIRD
Yay, I can fly. This is so much fun.

The little bird lands on the ground.

EXT. SIDEWALK – DAY

The bird looks around at the bushes and sidewalk and things around her.

BIRD
Where am I? I think I’m lost.

A man in a business suit approaches. He is wearing shiny black shoes that pound closer and closer to the little bird. Just before she gets stepped on, she flies into the air.
She watches the man walk away before landing again.

VOICE
OOOWWWWW!

The bird turns to find a small worm that’s been stepped on.

BIRD
Oh no! You’ve been smooshed in half!

WORM
Yeah, looks like it.

BIRD
Aren’t you sad?

WORM
I guess. Hey, you hungry?

BIRD
I’m starving!

WORM
Then what are you waiting for? Birds eat worms.

BIRD
What? I don’t want to eat you.

WORM
Why not? I’m a worm, crushed in half, you’re a hungry bird. Dig in.

BIRD
um….


A little furry Cute walks up.

CUTE
I’m hungry.

WORM
Cutes don’t eat worms. Only birds eat worms.

CUTE
But I’m hungry. What about you? Do cutes eat birds?

BIRD
I hope not!

CUTE
That’s no kind of answer. Can I eat you or not?

BIRD
I’d rather you didn’t.

CUTE
See, again, you’re not answering my question. Do cutes eat birds?

WORM
Cutes do not eat birds.

CUTE
Oh.

The cute walks away.

WORM
Well, I guess I”ll die now.

BIRD
Oh no! Don’t!

WORM
I got stepped on. Happens.

BIRD
I’ll be so lonely when you’re gone.

WORM
You should go home to your bird family.

BIRD
My family is a people family.

WORM
I… don’t understand.

BIRD
They’re people. Girls and Boys and grandpas and grandmas and—

WORM
Yeah, okay. Later.

Worm falls over dead. Bird pecks it but the worm is dead.

BIRD
Goodbye Worm. You got smooshed in half. You were nice. The End.

The bird flies away.

INT. CHILD’S BEDROOM – DAY

The bird flies into her old room. CG TITLE: 10 Years Later

BIRD
Wow, that took a long time. Ten years!

Bird’s mom walks into the room.

MOTHER
Bird! You get out of here! Don’t you peck on my walls!

BIRD
Mom! It’s so good to see you! It’s been so long, and I’ve seen so much! Friends smooshed in half, and a lot—

MOTHER
Ut! No birds in the house! Shoosh!

She picks up her bird-daughter and tosses her out the window.

EXT. HOUSE – DAY

The bird sits in front of the house, sad.

BIRD
I wish I were a human child again. Then she’s make me a sandwich.

The cute walks up to talk to her.

CUTE
You said can turn into a human child?

BIRD
Yup.

CUTE
Then why don’t you?

BIRD
Oh. Right.

With a small poof of SOUND and magic, the bird is now a little girl again. She runs inside and runs back outside with a sandwich. She eats it happily.

CUTE
Do cutes eat human children who can turn into birds?

The little girl shakes her head “NO.”

The cute SIGHS and wanders off.

CUT TO BLACK.
**************************************

This story may not make it into the final script. Mr. Happy Puppet Head says it doesn't go anywhere. I think it's cute. We'll see.

No comments: