Monday, June 6



"I'm one of a kind," she says. "I can lift twenty times my body mass."

The man holding the paper cup nods his head, unable to hear what she is saying over the loud music. "Nice weather we had today," he tells her.

"Follow me," she says, leading him into a room near the back of the house. "I can break your ribs without trying hard at all."

He smiles and follows, thinking something fun will happen.

"Parties can be so dangerous," the Dragon tells his date, Bit of Cloud. They watch as three party-goers are stomped into mush by the dancing crowd. "I like the danger. I'll start a fight later."

Bit of Cloud doesn't care at all. She's tired of violence in ways none can imagine.

"Hello?" The music stops and a voice echos over the loudspeaker. "I'm glad everyone came to this Fun Party. As you all know, we're celebrating. Please lift twenty times yoru body mass, if you can. The winner gets a blueberry muffin. There is a bite taken out of the blueberry muffin. I took a bite out of it."

"I should go," says one to another. "I have work in the morning."

"Go," says another to one. "I will win that muffin without you."

"True, I saw it in a dream."

"Love me."

"Too late."

The party fades out and everyone is confused as to where it went. All that is left is the muffin, and the disembodied confusion. Connect the dots.

.

. .

... . .. .


.

No comments: