Wednesday, April 6



"Hey," says Miguel. "This is just like that joke, Quatro Cinco."

"Oh no!" yells Paco. "I'm sinking in quicksand!"

"Which joke?" asks Jose. "I never heard that one."

"The real joke is with matadors," explains Miguel. "What do you call four matadors in quicksand? Quatro Cinco."

"Oh." says Jose.

"Help!" yells Paco. "Quicksand!"

"Cinco is kind of like the English word sink. Like sinkng in quicksand," explains Miguel.

"I get it," says Jose. "You don't always have to explain your jokes to me just because I don't laugh."

"Then how do I know you get it or not?"

"You'll just have to trust me."

"My guitar acts like a floatation device," says Florentino. "I will not sink if I hold onto it."

"My maracas don't act so good at floating," says Miguel. "I will sink." Everyone agrees. "I'm sinking too fast!" yells Paco.

"I won't play as good without you guys," says Florentino. Everyone agrees with this as well. "I hope I can still get good mariachi gigs," he says. Paco, Miguel, and Jose aren't sure he can without them.

"Our group has a good mixture of personalities," explains Miguel. "Good group dynamic. That's what gets us hired over the other mariachis."

"We know ," says Jose. "We always talk about that, and then you act like you just thought it up."

"So?"

"I'm just saying."

"Quicksand! Help!" yells Paco.

Everyone sinks except Florentino. His solo career does not go as well as when he was with his friends, as they really did have a good group dynammic. But whenever Florentino does get hired, people always clap appreciatively at the heartfelt perfomance of his original song, "Hold Your Guitar Real Tight."

No comments: