Sunday, October 25



Here's an image from one of the projects I'm working on. It's an autobiographical piece focusing on when I was a kid and my parents were getting divorced. This is my mom in her office in our apartment on Thompson Ave in Glendale, CA. I used to love that green-screen mac she had. I would draw pictures in the paint program and write stories.

I'd been drawing storyboards for this project, but then Nate died and now I'm really determined to make a Big Scary Monster Halloween animated special. Something I've been thinking about for a year now. I've got a lot of ideas, and the plan right now is to make a 2 minute trailer. That way I can experiment with styles, the overall look, animation methods, etc.



I've been jumping from project to project for a while now, trying to figure out what I really want to do. But I think these two projects are it. And somehow a sketch comedy thing with some friends. And a full time job, and buying a house, and getting married.

Someday I'll finish a cartoon.

2 comments:

Loretta Paraguassu said...

I almost feel as if I'm intruding in your space, opening the door to your room without permission by reading this blog that is getting very personal. You captured that little corner where our Mac lived on Thompson Avenue. That green screen certainly did a lot for us. You brought it all back. I can almost see the Armenian vegetable truck outside by the curb. You do have a lot on your plate right now. It shouldn't take long before you're focused and creating again. We tend to eventually do what we really want to do. I also struggle with what I should be doing when I grow up. It's been a lifelong problem.

sl said...

YAY FOR THE ARMENIAN VEGETABLE TRUCK! i haven't looked at your blog for a while, so i must say that your work is evolving splendidly! your brain is definitely one of the good ones...